Thursday, August 11, 2011

Officially with Band - Post Op Day 1

Hi all! First of all, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers yesterday. I was reading them while in the pre-op room and they all really made me feel like I was doing the right thing. Surgery went well. It took about 2.5 hours because the surgeon fixed a hiatal hernia I had before placing the band. I had horrible shoulder pain in recovery, but nothing some Dilaudid couldn't take care of. I'm home now and have alot of discomfort in my left upper quadrant, but I'm assuming most of that is from the hernia repair. Every time I move I feel like one of my incisions is going to bust open. I really just want to let out a huge belch! I'm trying to walk as much as possible and get in my fluids, and of course do my incentive spirometer,but  t hurts like a bi&%h to cough and laugh! I'm also pretty tired still. It's impossible to rest in a hospital. 
Well, that's all I'm up to posting for now........I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes. Again, thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes!!

8 comments:

  1. Yay, glad the worst is over. It will get better every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Take it easy ~ baby steps and you'll be back to normal (new normal) before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got through it, Melissa!! Wishing you speedy healing and so much success! I'll be checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post op gas was the worst for me! gas x strips helped loads. I felt like I had to burp for days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will get better as you go! Keep up with the walking and all will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear everything went well. In a couple days, you'll be feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you made it out ok! I promise, it gets so much better as the days pass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep walking and take Gas-X

    ReplyDelete