Saturday, August 27, 2011

Question about Hunger / Fullness

OK, so I'm on "soft" foods progressing to a normal diet. I'm 2 & 1/2 weeks post op. I never really feel HUNGRY, like with my tummy growling or anything, but I eat my meals like I'm supposed to. I eat the 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup as directed, but I never really feel FULL either. Does that make sense? It's like I'm not hungry, but I'm not full either..........is that what it's supposed to feel like? I'm not scheduled for my first fill until 9/9, so maybe it's a sign I'll be ready by then? I don't know how to read this!! This is really a tough learning curve!!


Unfortunately I have already veered from one of my goals for the week......I weighed myself. I haven't lost an ounce. But I'm OK with it. A lot can happen between now and Wednesday.

And just a little funny for the day.............


5 comments:

  1. love that funny!

    When I was in my losing phase, I would never feel full with the 1/2 to 1 cup serving, just satisfied. See how long you last until you get hungry again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really never had a hunger cue. So I eat every 4-5 hours but stick to 1 cup. Just newly post-op you may still be having effects from surgery. But the band when properly working takes that feeling of hunger away. So jump for joy. Your body is still healing so you might not lose a lot in the first few weeks, but then watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one month post op and I rarely if ever feel full with the amount I eat. The food doesnt stay in the pouch but a few seconds before it goes to lower stomach. I am looking forward to my first fill in less than 2 weeks cause I have noticed that I am getting hungry faster now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ the cartoon.

    The lapband doesn't make me full. If I feel full, I've eaten too much. You're just not supposed to feel hungry. That's difference between "full" and "satisfied."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cartoon it made me laugh. That was a tough thing for me to get used to, the fact that I didn't need to eat until I was full and being satisfied was all I needed. I still have issues with remembering that.

    ReplyDelete