Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Post Dietician Visit

OK, so I saw the dietician for the first time post-op (besides in the hospital) and she was VERY happy with my progress. When she didn't see the same smile on my face as she had on hers when I stepped on the scale I had to tell her how disappointed I was with 1.4 lbs. this week. She immediately told me that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be and 13 lbs. down since surgery is fabulous.........more than what they expect. So that made me feel better..........much better. Even though I have awesome support both in real life and in blog world, it feels good for a professional to tell me I'm on the right track. I also realize how important it is to get in all my protein in  (I've been slackin' in that area for a few days). I think it will be much easier now that I can eat some normal food!! I was burning out on 3 protein shakes a day!! 


So with all that being said, I've made a couple goals for myself this week:
1. Stay OFF the scale until next Wednesday! (This is a major one!!)
2. Get in 60g (minimum) of protein in per day. 
3. Drink more water




School starts up again next week, but I've already gotten "pre" assignments from instructors. Only nursing school!! So I have A LOT of reading to get done before school even STARTS!! Don't get me wrong, I'm a weirdo that LOVES school, so I'm not complaining, but nursing school is it's own little entity! I go back to work the day after Labor Day, so life will be back to "normal" again. Summer went way too fast!!! 

5 comments:

  1. 13 pounds down since surgery is FABULOUS! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...banded on August 10th...weighed in on August 24th...that's uummmm...14 days...and you've lost how much???? 13 POUNDS!!!!! THAT'S GREAT!!! BE SO SO VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF!! You're doing great!!
    dede

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others!! You are doing fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete